Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hindu God and Goddess


I am a person from a typical Hindu family and I perform most of the rituals and religious activities according to my religion. People think Hiduism is one of the most complicated religion but I think it's just different from other religion. There are many ritauls and religious activities that a Hindu must follow in his life. We have rituals need to perform from someone's birth to someone's death and yes; lots of other rituals through the whole lifetime. Temple is our religious place where we worshipp our god and goddess.


There are more than 33 billion god and goddess according to the Hindusiam. Our god and goddess are very different and may be strange to most of the people. Mostly,our god and goddess have multi hands and heads. The god and goddess having multi hands represent their power and having multi heads represent their wisdom. Every god has its own importance and each religion is significant. However, the main theme of every religion is same;peace brotherhood and humanity.

4 comments:

avi said...

I know that there are lots of god in hindu religion but I didn't really know it would be in millions. That's new for me.

TiFfAnY said...

That temple are really familiar to me when I was traveling Bali island there are 90% population are Hinduism and almost the temples everywhere. Are there the floating temple in Nepal also? There are really amazing that the temples can float on the water.I think Hinduism is the same as Buddhism, so it isn't strange to me...

Joyce Johnson said...

33 billion gods and goddesses is alot!! Do you worship them all? If not, how do you decide which ones to worship? Also, can you worship them in other places than the temples, for example could you workship a god on a mountain or by a lake?

Anonymous said...

Here you can find Hindu God Goddess Photo of Shiva, Laxmi Picture, Indain Rama Wallpapers, Sai Baba, Ganesha, Kartike, Krishna Picture, Goddess Parvati, Goddess Sarswati Wallpapers, Sri Ganesh Snaps, Vishnu, Brahma Snaps, Indain Sri Shirdiwale Sai
Baba, Shri Hanumanji, Shri Ramji, Vishnuji, Brahmaji, Kartikeya, Buddha, Tirupati Balaji,Shrinathji Hindu God Goddess Photo of Shiva, Laxmi Picture, Indain Rama Wallpapers, Sai Baba, Ganesha, Kartike, Krishna Picture, Goddess Parvati