Friday, October 3, 2008

My Biggest Festival




I am missing my biggest festival which is going on now and must be celebrating by all of my people,friends and family in my country. It is celebrated for 15 days but the 1oth day is the grand finale which last for 5 days more.We worshipp our God and Goddess for whole 9 days and celebrate with full enthusiam. The climate at this festival is awesome at my home country. The clear blue sky filled with colorful kites, the warm sun, the refreshing wind,singing birds, blooming flowers all over the place are some of the specialities of this festival. It festival reunites whole family members,relatives and friends. We recive TIKA ( something to put on the forehead made of up raw rice and color;red ) from our elder which is symbol of their blessing to us. We visit each and every elder person of our family and relatives.We have huge feast with all family members,friends and relatives throughout the festival.We have varieties of foods,sweets and specially various mouth-watering pickles during the entire festival.










Talking about its importance,it depicts a story of our god at ancient time.It simply resembels the victory of truth over evil. It is the biggest festival celebrated by all Hindus. We even have some special ceremony and rituals at some of our important temples.




So, friends i tried to mention a little part of my festival. It is my biggest festival; my DASHAIN!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Aastha!
I really enjoy your weblog. Especially your pictures. This DASHAIN-Festival sounds great. We don´t have anything similar in my homecountry.
I´m eager to read you next blog.
Johannes

kyoko said...

Wow...That is SO cool.
I always love your pictures.

I hope you have a comfortable room in KT.
See you tomorrow.

Joyce Johnson said...

Is the picture on the right of Durga?
Avi also wrote about this festival. I understand why you are missing it.

TiFfAnY said...

Wow, this festival is really awesome. I hope I can experience it one day when I has a chance to visit Nepal. Don't be sad, you can celebrate it when you finish your study. Because I can't celebrate my important festival neither. So, wish you can go back and reunite with your family soon.